Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring Question W/Boiler Boss

Options
vmathy
vmathy Member Posts: 3
I have a 3 zone Boiler Boss 2 zones are radiant pex circuits w/circulating pumps the other zone is an indirect water heater. I just put a new aquastat on the conventional Dunkirk boiler, I see that the system circulator is run of the boiler boss not off the aquastat. Is this correct? Or with a conventional boiler should the system circulator be wired to the aquastat?

Comments

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Let the Boiler Boss do all circ switching including the indirect circ, take advantage of the priority function. The boiler aquastat is just an oversized high limit in this case, triggered by TT, via a call from any of the BB zones.
  • vmathy
    Options
    Thanks Bob thats what I figured but does the boiler boss pull the system circulator in any time a zone calls for heat?
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    Are you referring to a primary pump? As in any time a secondary pump comes on it should also initiate the primary? Then, yes, a simple way is to power up the primary thru the aquastat, if it's like a 8148.

Initially I read it as a direct pumped system.
  • vmathy
    Options
    Right I have a pump at the boiler and then 3 zone pumps. Aquastat is L7224 so it will power the primary pump. If I am thinking righ,t when the BB controls the primary and the boiler reaches high limit the primary continues to run as long as the zone is still calling for heat? If the aquastat is powering the primary when high limit is reached the primary turns off? Witch way is correct or does it matter?
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    The primary should continue to run as long as any zone pump runs, regardless if the aquastat is off on high limit.