Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Searching for boiler expert to inspect boiler in Minnesota

Hi, my name is David Linville. I'm a lawyer in Seattle. I represent a client who installed a Quietside boiler (Model no. QVM9-090W1-NG) in Bellevue, WA in 2009. In 2015, the boiler leaked, causing $81,000 in damages. The property owner sued my client (the installer) and the manufacturer Quietside. The boiler is now located in Plymouth, MN. An inspection will take place on Nov. 10 or 11. I am looked for an expert to hire to inspect the boiler along with the plaintiff's expert and Quietside's expert to determine what may have been the cause of the leak, whether it be a manuf. defect, installation negligence or homeowner maintenance problem. My direct line is 206-805-0135.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    It didn't leak for the first 6 years? I assume this was a water leak?
  • DavidLinville
    DavidLinville Member Posts: 2
    Yes, a water leak. No leak during the first 6 years, to my best knowledge.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    After 6 years they still want to pin the tail on the installer. Does he take the liability on this to the grave or what?

HO insurance CO wants to pass this off onto someone.

My neighbor's trampoline just smashed into my rental house because of wind gusts and I was told it was "An act of God".
    There must be some story to the boiler leak. Maybe time to consult a clergyperson. ;)
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    You should contact @Mark Eatherton with Radiant Professionals Alliance. He has been an "expert witness" in several cases and is about as good as it gets.