Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Sentry Quiet?

Options
MattD
MattD Member Posts: 1
I need to replace some existing Taco ESP zone valves on a residential hot water system with radiant fin tube baseboard heat, all lines are copper. The Taco ESP zone valve makes a whining/squealing sound every time they open or close and they have been making this noise since they were installed about 10 years ago. This sound resonates well over the copper pipe and fin tubes and you can hear it no matter where you are in the house. From my understanding the valves are supposed to make this noise due to the actuator motor and gears.
The simple solution would be to replace the ESP actuators with the new Taco Sentry actuators, but I am wondering if the new Sentry actuators make a similar noise. Any comments?

Comments

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    I've found the Sentry's very quiet.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Sentry has no noise issues that I have encountered . Hundreds of em and no noise complaints yet .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    Bob Bona_4
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 705
    Options
    Hi Matt
    Zone sentry replacement actuator ZA024Q4A1, will replace the old style ESP actuator. It is much quieter, and more robust than. No tools required for change out. I encourage you to try the new sentry, and you will agree it's much quieter.

if you prefer totally quiet valve, the Taco 570 series heat motor valve will be a suitable option. If you decide to go that route, you will need to replace the entire valve; hopefully this was helpful.

If you have additional questions feel free to get back in touch with me at Taco. thanks
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions