Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old cast iron radiator 90 degree union ftgs

Just checking in to see if anyone would have a source for those 1-1/4" 90 degree elbow
unions. Installing a few old sectional types and they include half of that union. Next
option is to cut and chisel. Thanks much.

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Unless you can find the same manufacturer of the fittings (if they are old don't even bother looking) they will have to be replaced. Cut the inside almost to the threads in a couple of places and fold them in and remove.
  • eric2guns
    eric2guns Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Rob, figured that's where it would go.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    I'd give the spud wrench a shot, first. The worst that could happen, is, you snap the nubs off. Then it's back to Rob's plan.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Paul48 said:

I'd give the spud wrench a shot, first. The worst that could happen, is, you snap the nubs off. Then it's back to Rob's plan.

I quit even bothering with the spud wrench for removal on old valves. I only use it for installing the new one.
    AbracadabraCharlie from wmass
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    RobG said:

Paul48 said:

I quit even bothering with the spud wrench for removal on old valves. I only use it for installing the new one.
    This +1