Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Has this happen to anybody

Had a part go bad on a Carrier A/H bad TEV in a six year old system. Customer says he was sure he registered equipment. Called Carrier warranty they said no record of equipment being registered. Told customer. He found proof of registration. Called Carrier back they said send in proof. Is it just me or does anyone else smell a rat. I know I registered my own Carrier equipment but I could more easily find $100,000.00 under my pillow then proof I registered it. Talk to the counter guy and was told Payne had some problems but this was the first he had with Carrier.

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Happen again today 08/17/2015. Customer says he registered it Carrier says no record.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Ran a Rheem evap through. Rheem said registered to a guy in Ohio (I'm in Indy) and sold through an Ohio supplier. Odd, the coil is in my back room. Not sure what's going to happen. My notes say I registered it with the furnace & A/C but I don't print a copy of the registration page. Guess I need to.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    I remember the days that when the contractor purchased the equipment, that was the start of the warranty and documentation as we fully back the equipment. Seems like they are trying to opt out of any responsibility unless there is something written in blood! If anything, it adds to more paper work which as you know,.........They have no record themselves!

Peace;
    Mike T.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    You can check with your local city or state consumer protection laws. Even though a manufacturer states the product must be registered to be eligible for the warranty, some states have laws that require the manufacturer to honor the warranty as long as the purchaser has required documentation (receipts, contracts, etc.--to avoid this exact issue. The manufacturer could ALWAYS say they never received warranty information and deny every claim.
    steve
  • NJ, Designer
    NJ, Designer Member Posts: 53
    I would suggest going through your local Carrier distributor.