Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Want to buy old gage/components

Hi all,

I'm building a very large, old-school copper lamp for my wife for Christmas. I'm looking for a cool old brass temp/press/tridicator gage and/or other nifty vintage hydronic components you might have. Maybe some cool old valves, too. Not looking for steam components.

I'm not looking to nickel and dime someone, so if you think you might have something like this and you no longer have a use for it, please dig it out! I would love to see a picture of what you have.

OR, do you know of someone who has a nice collection of this stuff I might be able to contact?



  • mxfrank
    mxfrank Member Posts: 22
    I have a very large Tyco immersion thermometer. The face is solid brass, and it's about a foot long.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    a large old brass steam gauge could be the center of such a project, and sometimes those are available on EBAY.--NBC
  • DanVastyan
    DanVastyan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks guys, Frank, PM sent.
    HEATON Member Posts: 118
    send pics for us interested old school guys . I have a bunch but have a display of those and also old tools. Want me to put you in my will?