Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tempstar furnace has no power

eneubauer224
eneubauer224 Member Posts: 2
Hello, I have a Tempstar t9mvx installed in 2010 that stopped turning on the other day. The heat and a/c don't work and the fans don't even kick on. It's like there's is no power to the unit. I replaced the filter, reset the breaker, checked to make sure the door switch stayed pushed in, changed the batteries in the thermostat and tested the thermostat. All seem to be working good, but there is still now power to the unit. Sometimes the thermostat clicks like it is going to turn on, but nothing happens. I read the should be a reset button to the unit, but can't locate one. I even shut off the breaker, turn the power switch off, turned the gas off and left everything off for 10 minutes or so thinking it would reset it but nothing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    edited June 2015
    If you turn the T-stat fan switch to "on" does anything happen?

There could be a fuse at the furnace with the power switch, Under a square tin cover. (this is typically outside of the furnace)

Inside the furnace there may be a 3 to 5 amp automotive looking fuse on a control board. Possibly a circuit breaker push button instead. (If blown or tripped you may have some component problem on the low voltage control side)

And then maybe the 24 volt transformer is dead.

Always turn the power switch off before checking the board as there is also 120 volt connections there.

T-stat relays will click with battery power alone.
  • eneubauer224
    eneubauer224 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. The fan at the T-stat doesn't come on. I did check the fuse on the control board and it tests fine. No fuse at the power switch, but tested the power switch and it is getting power. Have a HVAC guy coming tomorrow. Don't want to get too much more into it if it's electrical.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    So we are interested in the outcome, please let us know. We are all learning here.