Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Stainless liner install

Options
bink
bink Member Posts: 97
Hoping I can get some independent info from members on the forum.
I have a 8x8 clay tile chimney approx 20 feet top to bottom three sides exposed.
With the Buderus G115 I feel I should have a liner installed.
Does anyone know if there can be problems such as moisture and do I need a tee type with a well to collect moisture.
I'm not sure the tee type can be used because the flue is not straight down but has a offset starting a few feet from the bottom.
Hoping someone can help or suggest where to go to get the correct install.
The two installers I have l would feed the stainless top to bottom and through the

Comments

• bink
    Options
    Sorry sent before finishing. They feed the liner through the the wall by forming the flex to 90 degrees.
    Really appreciate Your help.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    A liner is a must....especially w/ a 115. They typically have low stack temps.
    The tee would be nice. A good chimney sweep should be able to do this..
    Condensation will more than likely be less of an issue w/ the liner as it will take a whole lot less energy to warm up the SS vs. a thick clay tile liner.
    If this is on a north face chimney an insulated liner may be a good plan.
  • bink
    Options
    Thanks Kcopp. it has been a challenge because I don't know enough to make the decision. I want to get another opinion or two before I get this done. The stainless should heat up much quicker than the clay and should have less condensation. I was hoping to get someone who did a liner and how it worked out.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    I have a 5" liner in my home. 35' unlined Center chimney though. There is a tee in the bottom.
  • bink
    Options
    Thanks kcopp
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    The Tee is a good idea, and I think it is code. NFPA 211 requires the clean-out. There are manuf, Z-Flex that I know for sure and other liner manuf who make removable snout (side outlet of tee) tees. Essentially it acts as a sump and catches debris like leaves that happen to get blow in. I lined a friends flue years ago to see how it was done and found an 8" round flue mostly plugged by leaves, other debris and a dead desiccated squirrel. The tee is a good idea.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Options
    Yo can have a 90 Deg from the liner in the chimney and just before entering the chimney, have your tee with cap horizontaly.