Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help identifying old cast iron boiler doors have pictures!

I got ahold of two of these really rad boiler door sets and the clean up great! i just cant seem to find any information on these other than on picture on pinterest. if anyone knows anything about them i would love to know, are they of any value other than being cool to look at?
4Johnpipe

Comments

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    How about a closeup of the brass tag on the "Coast" door in the first pic?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Off an old steel fire box locomotive boiler. Cool to see, worth $.10/lb around here. Never herd of that brand boiler but being a west coast brand they probably didn't make it to MA
  • Taylorbringrecycling
    Taylorbringrecycling Member Posts: 3
    they are pretty big like 46" across they match the old pictures think its a train still? cool i have two and they have cleaned up great
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Those are amazing. I'm dying over the "west coast" font. Who pays that sort of attention to any detail these days? They seemed very proud to have their name on it and should have been by the looks of it. Their was a post over the Winter/Spring showing another behemoth steam boiler with really great doors that featured a wonderful link to things people have used them for, such as a table, mirror, etc. I'll see if I can find it. The ideas were great.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
    Taylorbringrecycling
  • Taylorbringrecycling
    Taylorbringrecycling Member Posts: 3
    i would love to see them, maybe i could turn them into something sweet!
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    How about doors for a wood fired pizza or bread oven?
    vaporvac
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    edited May 2015
    I think the pics were just in my mind! I found the post, but it was just ideas such as @RobG 's. they would look great just hung on a wall or used as a tabletop under thick glass, IMHO. You might try googling "steampunk art boiler doors" for other cool ideas. someone made a lamp, but the doors were another style. Definitely keep them.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF