Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is this an insane idea?

2»

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    One further refinement used on the new HQ of the company that makes our controls: Reheat coils in each OA inlet plus controls so that each cubicle resident can manage their own temp using a smartphone app. Over the top, but very slick. Over 1,000 points in a 16,000 square foot office building.
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    To estimate your cooling costs, divide SEER by the BTUH capacity. Then divide that by 1,000 to obtain kW. Multiply that by your local cost per kW. Multiply that answer by your local cooling hours.

However, why worry? Keep insulating and your machines will hardly run at all. I heat my house with a mini with no back up. My floor, wall, and ceiling insulation R-values are 40, 50, and 60.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,060
    edited April 2015
    You indicated that your house would use NG. Have you made any provisions for flue piping thru the roof. With open studs 2" PVC for exhaust and comb air can be installed inside walls now. Roof exhaust is thought to be a better method than side wall piping. No snow level clearances to worry about. Some claim no problems at all with concentric roof fittings. You might want to consider the new PP material rather than PVC.