Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steam boiler wouldn't start up after power outage

Options
plumbergirl1
plumbergirl1 Member Posts: 14
Last year I had new burnham independence boiler put in. Yesterday I came home and the honeywell pro th6000 thermostat said it was 61 but it was set on 65. Turned it up to 68 and boiler didn't come on. Raised it to 80 and it didn't come on. Noticed there was a power outage while I was out but power was on now. Went downstairs and everything seemed normal except it wasn't running. I turned red boiler switch (on and off emergency switch) off and then back on and the boiler started . I noticed the LWCO red lite flashed and boiler heated up fine. Does anyone know why this would happen? Does this mean I need to worry something is wrong? Appreciate any help or info. Thanks.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    Whatever caused the boiler not to fire after the power cut seems to have been corrected by your hard reset of the boiler.
    If there was water in the glass, then the red light on the LWCO was probably the control testing its circuits.--NBC
  • plumbergirl1
    plumbergirl1 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Do I need to be concerned that every time there is a temporary power outage I will need to worry the heat won't come on without a hard reset? What would cause this?
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    There is really no reason for why that would happen. It may just be a coincidence. Or perhaps the ignition module locked-out.