Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

5 year old geothermal system water wil not shut off after heating cycle

I just discovered the water runs continuously after a heat cycle. if I turn geo off the water will turn off normally. when turned back on the water will ramp up normally in about 1 minute, then the geo fires up about 4 minutes later. BUT, when cycle is finished the geo shuts down normal, and the water continues to flow. My light bill last month was $400! I suspect the taco valve on the incoming water supply. Any suggestions?

Comments

• GWGW Posts: 3,392Member
    Yes seems like your Taco won't close, pull off the top-most wire and make sure it's not a control issue.

Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    www.wilsonph.com
    [email protected]
  • A.J.A.J. Posts: 257Member
    Sound like a control issue if the valve closes after you turn the power off. Try taking the wires off the valve and see if the valve closes . If it does you must be getting voltage from the board in the heat pump and the valve is good. Remember that the TACO valves are a slow closing type of valve so it will take awhile .
  • If you need assistance with a control I would be happy to help. HBX does offer a geothermal control and a zone module which can control when your equipment is on or off and for how long.
    Comfort
    Control
    Innovation