Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wondering if I should install a reset control and a post purge on my new system

Options
dhmeiser
dhmeiser Member Posts: 4
Just had a BIASI FIVE SECTION B10 SERIES BOILER with 35 GALLON BURNHAM STONE LINED INDIRECT WATER HEATER and RIELLO BURNER BF -5 DIRECT VENT installed. Replaced an Energy Kinetics EK-1 which had had a burn through above the burner which warped the steel. it was 22 years old so it was time to go.

The new system uses a ZVC406 6-Zone Zone Valve Control with Priority and a Model 3250 Fuel Smart Hydrostat

I was wondering if it is possible (or worth the money) to install post purge to the indirect water heater and a Boiler Reset Control on the system. Also is it even possible to add those components to the ZVC406 or will that control unit have to bee replaced ?

I am in the Northeast (around Philly) and wanted to get opinions if it is worth the money to upgrade/add these components.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dhmeiser
    dhmeiser Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks,

Another question, the household system has another hot water tank used for radiant floor heating, it is controlled by an Erie system 3000.

If I understand correctly the 3250 can act as a reset and thermal purge but only with with a single priority zone. Is there a way to set the system up to have two priority zones and utilize the reset control and pre-purge of the 3250?

My concern is that the tank for the radiant heat tank will never reach its set temperature with the reset function operating on the 3250
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    The 3250 can only purge to one zone. It resets on a time based algorithm,it slowly raises the high limit as the heat call persists so it will reach max temp within a time period that should be almost unnoticeable.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Honeywell AQ will provide what you are looking for
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.