Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with Remove/Replace Runtal Hydronic Towel Warmer

Options
This spring we need to remove the towel warmer to replace drywall with tile and would like some help understanding what steps I need to take. It's connected to the system on it's own loop through an Uponor TruFLOW manifold.
Some specific questions:
  1. Do I use the hex key to manually close supply on this loop? Do I also need turn manually close return valve under the actuator?
  2. I have unions at the supply/return of the towel warmer so it seems obvious just to disconnect. But, when I re-install, it will be full of air. Do I fill the towel warmer after installation to minimize air in the system? It looks like a fill nipple on the upper left and an air escape valve on the upper right of the Runtal.
  3. Any other hints?

Comments

• Pinball
    Pinball Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Yes you need to close both the supply and the return on the manifold. Keep in mind, at that point you will still have pressure on the TW. have a bucket ready when you break those unions loose. As far as air after replacement, most TW have a bleeder on the top. If not, you can purge the air from the manifold. 1st. close all other ports on the manifold. Then open the supply on the TW, and connect a hose on the return side of the manifold. Open the hose valve and out goes the air. Run it until you have an "air free stream". close the drain. and open all the other manifold ports. you should be good to go.
    stevemac00
  • stevemac00
    stevemac00 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the detailed reply. It sounds straight-forward.