Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bluetooth...

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
A bit off the normal subject line...
Any guys use blue tooth headsets for their cell phones?
I have on that I really don't like...for some reason it wont stay in my ear well.
Its a bit hard to talk to a tech support guy w/ and be able to use both hands working in front of a boiler if the earpiece keeps falling out.
What works for you folks?
ty, kcopp

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    I've been using a Plantronics Voyager Legend for the past couple of years. Mostly excellent, though it has a weak spot in the crook of the bend where it will eventually crack (one replaced under warranty after about 9 months.) Oh, and it sucks in the wind -- but so does everything other than my wired MX-150.
    Gordy
  • Don_197
    Don_197 Member Posts: 184
    I bought several of the 49-69 dollar Jabra brand at Costco.......didn't like em. Then Costco came out with a 29 dollar plantronics......cheap but comfortable......everybody told me "I can finally HEAR you" The other thing I will say about it is I once lost it......and found it two days later in the bottom of my hot tub (yes........full of water......hot tub LOL!) and I grabbed it......let it dry out for a week, and it still worked (and still sounded good) Now THAT is a testimonial! 8-)
  • AlCorelliNY
    AlCorelliNY Member Posts: 63
    I guess it is just Murphy's law, but every time I have ever had to call tech support there was never enough cell service in the boiler room.
    Al Corelli

• SWEI
    Most boiler rooms have at least one spot (usually on top of the wall-hung boiler or over in the back left corner near the outside wall) where the phone actually gets service. Bluetooth allows me to leave the phone there and still work.

The voice feature in the Plantronics gently says "Phone one disconnected" when I climb up the stairs and forget to bring the phone with me.
    AlCorelliNYkcoppMark EathertonGordy
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    I've had good luck with Jawbones. I forget my previous version, but the one I have now is an "era" model.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    Ty!
  • Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 428
    I've used cheapies from Wal-Mart and monoprice just because I was afraid I'd break, loss or distroy it working. I was always happy with them. Quality was great too. Still have the monoprice one, the Walmart one is in somebody's ceiling space.

I have a wieney wire buddy (telecom) who always has an old landline phone and 100ft extension for his service room calls. I had to use it once to call Taco or Buderus.
    kcopp
  • SWEI
    Ex-telephone installer here. I still have a couple of these 50 footers around (they're calling them 'vintage' on eBay, wow.)

4JohnpipeAlCorelliNYkcopp