Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello Electronic Air Shutter.

Options
Tony Massi
Tony Massi Member Posts: 86
I'm trying to find out how to rewire a Riello after the electronic air shutter is removed.
I had written it down somewhere, but I can't find it.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited March 2015
    Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• srd357
    srd357 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Here's what I wrote up for my guys.
    Turn off the power and remove the primary control.
    Where the power comes into the burner sub-base, you will see a black wire, that comes from the damper, attached to the constant power wire, maybe red in color. Remove the black wire and retighten the screw.

Remove the white wire, that comes from the damper, from screw number 3 and retighten the screw.

Remove the black wire, that comes from the damper, from screw #6.

Remove the black wire, that comes from the damper, that connects with the blue wire and connect the blue wire to #6. Retighten all screws.

With your right hand, take the damper and slam it into the trash can as hard as possibly. I highly recommend, when you find one of these dampers on a cleaning or service call, that you remove it because it will fail and result in a no heat call.
    STEVEusaPA
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Lol....that was NOT on page 8...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    Is the damper being removed for a reason? Is it failing? I have them out in the field, even one heating the office building with no problems as of yet. Good to know how to rewire. I prefer these over the hydraulic jack of yesteryear