Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

CONDENSATE RETURN

bob young
bob young Member Posts: 2,177
A below grade condensate return running between two buildings failed . it was not sleeved properly for protection from soil conditions but it also was only 24 " below grade. nyc frost line is 42 " i think it also may have froze between cycles. what say the experts ? i recommend replacement but below frost line. bob young nyc lic. plbr.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Sounds like the right plan. Will the boiler waterline co-operate?

I would consider using Aquatherm for that application if it were my job. Get the application blessed first (they need some assurance the line will never carry steam) and you get a ten year warranty, including labor and any peripheral damage.
  • Youngdogs2
    Youngdogs2 Member Posts: 14
    I would also consider the use of Niron from Nupi.

Similar to Aquatherm, but a better class of resin and it carry's a 30 year warranty over the 10 year warranty. I have been reading up on it and it's PP-R on steroids.
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    If it's a wet return I'd stay below frost line. Any way you can make that return dry?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 9,171
    Wet return=below frost. Dry return ok with proper pitch. personally I wouldn't risk the liability of plastic pipe. traps always fail