Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Massachusetts Process Piping

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,795
Last call, applications must be in by the end of the week. Best over-night it if you're wanting in!

Maybe someday we can all learn what the license covers.

Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,064
    I would like to know what it covers as well. Got mine but I don't know why I did cause I am going to retire in a few years.

I guess the State just needs the extra money. I told my brother he netter get going I think he just sent his in last week.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,795
    Ahh, they haven't deposited my check yet....maybe it's lost. That was 4 months ago.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Just for giggles, here's the definition from NM (which I have heard was originally copied from NJ):

MM-4. Heating, cooling and process piping. Requires four years experience. Install, alter, repair and service hydronic heating, cooling and process piping for steam hot water systems of any temperature pressure range, chilled water systems, condensing water systems and process piping systems. Includes pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, refrigeration water chillers, cooling towers, fuel oil tanks and fuel oil piping, and pneumatic or electric controls and control wiring not to exceed 24 volts. Install high pressure and process piping solar energy systems of any temperature or any pressure conveying gas or fluids other than potable water, and pneumatic tube systems.
  • superdave
    superdave Member Posts: 155
    When I filled my out I did not see any spot for heating on it at all unless you put it under other. My company does a lot of lab waste lines for BIO company's that is what I thought it is for Chem. to clean up the waste water. Just anther way for a tax!!!!
    I think if there is one for heating it would be good help weed out some bad installers that give us bad rap.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    superdave said:

When I filled my out I did not see any spot for heating on it at all unless you put it under other. My company does a lot of lab waste lines for BIO company's that is what I thought it is for Chem. to clean up the waste water. Just anther way for a tax!!!!
    I think if there is one for heating it would be good help weed out some bad installers that give us bad rap.

In Massachusetts, what you describe for Chem labs is covered under the Plumbing Code and to be permitted, installed and inspected by licensed plumbers.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,064
    Gary,
    I am sure they are way behind. I sent mine in early and it didn't take long. Others I work with are still waiting.

If you check on line at the DPS website you will probably find that the first thing that happens is they delete your old license "null & void" then issue you a new # on line before the check gets cashed. Yup, B4 they cash the check in the great of MA.
    GW