Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Two blowers on a Tasco SR504 Relay

autumnbob
autumnbob Member Posts: 3
does this sound right? I have 2 air handlers hooked up to a tasco sr504 exp at the boiler. When the priority zone blower & circulator is in operation and the other blower's thermostat calls for heat, the secondary blower starts after the 45 second delay without the circulator for that zone operating. After the priority zone is satisfied then the circulator for the secondary will operate. Is the secondary blower supposed to blow with out the circulator running yet? I just noticed this today for the first time.

Comments

• wogpa67
    wogpa67 Member Posts: 238
    Some manufacturers have built in blower time delays, or the installer put them in. I put a control on the return to run the blower for hydro coils.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    As far as the taco is concerned it is. The 504 doesn't know you have a blower hooked up to it. You need to put a temp. control on the return piping and run the blower through that to keep the fan off until the circ. starts and adds heat to the coil.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Sounds like you need to turn of the priority switch as well, unless you want the second zone to wait until the first one is satisfied.
    icesailor
  • autumnbob
    thanks
  • wogpa67
    Are there the only 2 zones?
    If you have an indirect that is what you want wired to zone 4 as the priority zone.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    How many amps drawing from each blower....just curious.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• autumnbob
    I think one is 10.7 amps and the other other 8.5 amps.
    There are 3 zones of four being used. z4 (priority)is heat downstairs where we spend 95% of the time, z3 is heat upstairs and z2 is indirect domestic hot water. Originally the indirect tank was on the priority z4 but since it was only domestic hot water for just the 2 of us and it's a 50 gal. tank, I switched the priority to the heat.
  • wogpa67
    Answer to the original question.
    Well, yes because you changed it to do that. That being said. The blower shouldn't turn on until it gets hot water flowing through the coil.