Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baxi Luna Ht 380 E119 code Please Help!

Options
SILVA28
SILVA28 Member Posts: 7
I have a Baxi Luna HT 380 and for the past 2 winters I keep getting error code E119 and the bucket I have under it gets water in it. I have had 2 places come and I have called places and no one knows what they are doing with this unit. is anyone here Baxi certified that can give me any advice or Baxi certified and live in the Massachusetts area. i live in Seekonk Ma. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• superdave
    superdave Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi I am a certified Baxi installer and we do a lot of these boilers. The E119 code is a low water PSI. What is the boiler reading in bar on the right hand side?? Should read between 1 -1.5 bar who did the install and when also has this boiler been set up or tuned up?? When you have time send me some photos.
    Is there an auto fill valve on this system??

Thanks David
  • SILVA28
    Options
    Hi David. its reading correctly (1 - 1.5) when its on.
    Now its to the point where everyday i have water in the bucket, my heat turns off and i see the error code.
    I have no idea who did the install. We purchased the house in 2012 and the system was already in. The previous homeowners didnt give us any info on the system and i dont know much about it. When i get home i will post a few pics on here.
    It hasnt been tuned up since I have had it because i havent been able to find anyone. I had 2 places come and they looked at it like it was a spaceship.
    If you service my area I would love for you to come tune it and see if you can solve the problem.

will post pics soon,

Thank you
  • superdave
    superdave Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Call My Office when you have time. I am Out on service work right now. But I can talk it over the phone

First Class Plumbing & Heating Corp.
    877-363-4778
  • SILVA28
    Options
    Thanks. ill be home from work in a couple of hours. I will call you at that time
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Is there an expansion tank on the system other than the red internal one? I have seen this a lot where because there is an internal expansion (used for domestic production) guys forgo the external tank and the system tends to eat up relief valves and internal expansion tanks.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • SILVA28
    Options
    I believe it just has the red inernal one. i didnt see any other tanks
  • Tom_133
    Options
    So more than likely that internal tank has quit and needs to be replaced. Sadly it will continue happening if you don't find a qualified guy to work on it. What you could do is check Baxi's website for a wholesaler near you that sells Baxi than call and ask them who they would recommend that knows these units.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • wogpa67
    wogpa67 Member Posts: 238
    Options
    Well it seems to not have been installed correctly. It should have P/S piping and as was said another expansion tank.
  • Tom_133
    Options
    Silva from those pics I can't tell how it's piped. The baxi doesn't necessarily need P/S piping but a typical rule of thumb is after 1-2 zone valves it should be, or any circulators then yes it needs to be. Could you show us a few more pics of the piping? I think a second expansion tank on the system side and replace the relief valve, and the internal tank and you will be all set. Though who ever stops in better make sure the feeder is ok as well
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • SILVA28
    Options
    I'll post more piping pics in a few hours. Thanks
  • SILVA28
    Options
    1 thibg I found that I forgot mention. I have baseboard heaters. And I have 2 hearing zones my upstairs and downstairs. 1 of my pipes in my baseboard downstairs has a very Very small leak. it leaks like 1 drop of water in a week. Even if I have the downstairs heat off I still get the error code on the heater.
    Could that pipe still be the cause of it?
  • Tom_133
    Options
    Hard to say, you may want to find a qualified tech in your area and tell them whats going on and have them bring an expansion tank, a relief valve and plan on doing a little repair. All in all a couple hours and you will be on with your life.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt