Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

vent-rite No 1 adjust vs gorton

Options
on a setting of 1 on the vent rite, what would that roughly equal on gorton? and a setting of 8 would roughly equal what on gorton size?

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    A Gorton #4 is 0.025, Ventrite at 1 is 0.033, Gorton #5 is 0.080

The Ventrite at 8 is 0.083 about the same as a Gorton #5

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • bbillcee
    bbillcee Member Posts: 35
    Options
    hmmmm so it really doesnt span all that much...thanx
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    They are very good vents if you believe you should vent the mains very fast and the radiators slowly. That works for most but not all systems.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • bbillcee
    Options
    BobC said:

They are very good vents if you believe you should vent the mains very fast and the radiators slowly. That works for most but not all systems.

Bob

i was looking to use these on the second floor of a 2 story, would they be adequate? was gonna put some gorton #6 and maybe a couple C's

• Mark N
    Mark N Member Posts: 1,115
    Options
    The actual venting rate is based upon system pressure. The higher the pressure the greater the venting rate. What is your system pressure?
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    bbillcee said:

BobC said:

Bob

i was looking to use these on the second floor of a 2 story, would they be adequate? was gonna put some gorton #6 and maybe a couple C's

Don't use Gorton #6 or Gorton #C on radiators unless you have a seriously long riser. And even then, there's better ways to vent the riser.
  • bbillcee
    Options

bbillcee said:

BobC said:

Bob

Don't use Gorton #6 or Gorton #C on radiators unless you have a seriously long riser. And even then, there's better ways to vent the riser.
    just going according the manufacturers website suggestions!

• bbillcee
    Options
    Mark N said:

The actual venting rate is based upon system pressure. The higher the pressure the greater the venting rate. What is your system pressure?

i think its a couple pounds i have an WM EG 50 or 55 i forget
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    bbillcee said:

bbillcee said:

BobC said:

Bob

just going according the manufacturers website suggestions!

I wouldn't....it's generally accepted Gorton makes a great product, but their application recommendations aren't very good.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15