Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Space heat and DHW combo units

Have a cliient who really needs to go with due to space limits. So far I've examined a Navien combo unit and one from HTP. Thoughts?

Comments

• DenverBoilerGuy
    DenverBoilerGuy Member Posts: 5
    I also wish I could change my user name; I was a lot more full of piss and vinegar several years ago when I set up the account
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    What is the DHW demand? I use the Triangle tube Challenger and the Bosch Greenstar. I also have used the Cosmogas, Smith, embassy, peerlesss g160C....great HW output. It is a bit finicky at times.
  • DenverBoilerGuy
    edited February 2015
    3 adults with differing schedules. The local Navien rep told me they put out about 4 gpm at 125
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited February 2015
    HTP Versa Hydro. What's the heat loss?
  • 4Johnpipe
    4Johnpipe Member Posts: 480
    If space is a concern you can choose from the HTP EFT C they have a wall mount and a floor mount combi. The floor mount is sweet and does not take up much space. Has a small buffer tank built in with a coil inside for DHW.
    LANGAN'S PLUMBING & HEATING LLC
    Considerate People, Considerate Service, Consider It Done!
    732-751-1560
    email: langansph@yahoo.com
    www.langansplumbing.com
  • EvanC
    EvanC Member Posts: 2
    I found the Navien NCB-240 to be the best bang for you buck. The Challenger and HTP EFT are limited being as they only go up to 125mbh and 140 mbh, respectively
  • DenverBoilerGuy
    I calculated 110 MBH for heat using typical Denver retrofit parameters, his existing boiler is 120. I installed a HTP combo in a high dollar condo in Vail 4 years ago and it works like a champ, so I am mostly wondering what folks here think of the Navien combo.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356

I calculated 110 MBH for heat using typical Denver retrofit parameters

What are typical Denver retrofit parameters? How many square feet is the house?
    GordyRobG