Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Indirect to Space Heating Switching Issues-

Options
ced48
ced48 Member Posts: 469
A lot of you probably recall I have had issues with air, and or, turbulence, in my in Loch WH55 install. Well I believe it was all about over pumping, to powerful of a circulator. I now run cycles that are nice and quiet, no issues, except-When the system switches from space heating to DHW, all is fine. However, in switching back to space heating, after a quiet switch over, within a matter of seconds, I am getting noise, air or turbulence coming from the space heating circulator. These go away in a fairly short period of time, and don't return until this setup happens again. I have tried turning the call for heat off during , the DHW run, and then issuing a heat call when the DHW is done, all is quiet. It seems as though there might be a timing issue with the two pumps turning on and off? Any thoughts would be appreciated as always.

Comments

• bmwpowere36m3
    bmwpowere36m3 Member Posts: 512
    Options
    from service manual

DHW Pump Delay

The DHW pump delay parameter sets the length of time the
    DHW pump (if connected) will run after a DHW demand has
    been satisfied. This parameter is adjustable by the installer by
    accessing the DHW Pump Delay parameter. The time range
    for this parameter is 10 seconds to 40 minutes. The default
    time is 1 minute.
  • ced48
    ced48 Member Posts: 469
    Options
    The DHW pump shuts down before the SH comes on regardless of how this delay is set in this switch over situation. I am thinking that maybe? the SH start should be delayed for a few seconds to allow the water flow to settle down. However, this does not seem to be an option and probably is not the culprit-