Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best epoxy for small pin hole in aluminum exchanger...

Options
13»

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    You must have something else going on. I've made stainless steel insert runners for my ice boat with 304 stainless steel plates, laminated to aircraft grade birch plywood. I have to grind off any epoxy off the stainless steel that I don't get enough mold release on. I've seen epoxy grout used after shimming on 7,700 HP 20 cylinder diesel generators and it didn't crack or come apart.

There's something your not telling us, or there is something you are or were unaware of. The wings on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner are all made of Epoxy and Carbon Fiber.
  • todd_ecr
    todd_ecr Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Your combustion numbers are not ok. CO2 is too high.(rich mixture). It should be 8.5-10%. Yours is 11.7% Surprisingly your CO is OK. I would also recommend having you tech pull the burner for inspection.
  • Larry_52
    Larry_52 Member Posts: 182
    Options
    The whole rumble at light off sounds like not enough air. So it is either a fuel problem or air supply.
  • john p_2
    john p_2 Member Posts: 367
    Options
    Thanks Todd I will have that adjusted.

Larry, I will post pics of the exhaust & fresh air PVC lines tomorrow and I will inspect inside for any blockages.
  • john p_2
    john p_2 Member Posts: 367
    Options
    Ice, just read a great post about issues with a Dunkirk boiler (I have the Utica UB 90 - 150) and I think mine could be fixed exactly the way it was in this post...post was titled "Has anyone had a problem with Dunkirk boilers? What I noticed was the combustion analysis results from their boiler were similar to mine...