Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bell & Gossett Corky

Options
Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
I don't think I've seen one of these in action. Have you?
Steve Minnich

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Can't say I have ever seen one like that.

What's it supposed to do?
  • Tinman
    Options
    Not 100% sure but I think it was some sort of device to drain expansion tanks? I have the original box somewhere. I'll see if I can find it later. I was betting on you or Dan to have the answer.
    Steve Minnich
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,544
    Options
    New one for me. Gosh.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tinman
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Found the instructions. Must have been a short lived product?
    Steve Minnich
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another good idea gone bad.

The first time I saw one of those, and water ran down my arm and filled my armpit, would be the last time. I'd be putting a REAL tank drain on. One with a vacuum breaker tube to let air in the tank.

Why Bladder tanks were developed. So water didn't run down your arm and into your arm pit when you were standing on a ladder, under a compression tank.

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Steve, I am certain that Jack Kang with the B&G Little Red School House would be interested in finding a permanent home for that device at their facilities. If you are interested in donating it, let me know and I will hook the two of you up. I too have never seen anything like this before.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

icesailor
  • Tinman
    Options
    Mark...My employee, Tim, is going there next week for a 3 day training session. I'll have him ask while he's there although I'm not sure I want to give it up yet. : )
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Mark Eatherton - Corky has arrived at the Little Red Schoolhouse. Tim said the instructors are geeking out trying to figure out its use : ). They passed it on to engineering to see if they can figure it out. Tim obviously hasn't shared the instruction sheet that I shared here. Fun stuff. I guess they're enjoying it too.
    Steve Minnich
    Mark EathertonHarvey Ramer
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That had to be before the drain O tank fitting, and the Airtrol tank fitting. Also the foresight to actually put a valve you can hook a hose to drain the tank into a bucket. I see how it works. The wire just breaks the vacuum in the tank while draining, and cork/wire lets you know when is empty. Im sure the wire failed.