Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Chances of TT Solo 110 parts failure?

Options
Just looking for opinion from those who regularly deal with the TT Prestige 110. Mine was manufactured around 2010 and is natural gas. It's been very reliable and that's good because we have limited back-up heat. It's never had any ignitor problems as some have had. A heating contractor performs an annual safety check, ignitor cleaning, and combustion analysis but, has very limited experience with TT. There are no contractors that this site recommends in our area. It seems that Buderus and W/M are most common our area. Given that, the heat exchanger has not yet been cleaned, but the combustion numbers seem consistent each year. The boiler has endured some short cycling due to being oversized for zoning. I'd like to know if I should have any commonly replaced parts on hand in advance. The controller can't be cheap $ but if it's likely to fail at some point I'd consider having one on hand. It's MCBA54201DV10. Your experienced thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    We work on and have sold many TT prestige boilers. Yes, I would keep some parts on hand. It may be worth buying a parts kit albeit $$$. At least I would have a MCBA, blower, igniter, couple ntc sensors if you want to be ultra conservative so you can get back on line pretty much any time. That is mostly what comes in kit and kit may be cheaper. It is probably time to do check inside combustion chamber, have a refractory disc on hand also for this, make sure tech is gentle with taking nuts off so studs don't break. Above is being very cautious, you may be left with some parts after 10-12 yrs so your call. Just depends if you can be down for 3 days or so if parts need to be air freighted in. It is a very good boiler but over 10 yr period you usually will replace one or 2 of the main electrical parts. My oldest triangle I think is approaching 10 yrs installed.