Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
1) can a small one family two pipe upfeed steam system operate without thermostatic traps?
2) system has radiators and cast iron baseboard with air vents and main steam air vents.
3) It has one f & t trap that instead of dropping into a wet return makes a U bend above the water line of the boiler and returns just below the ceiling of the basement when it enters the boiler room only then does it drop below the water line of the boiler and never goes to the floor before the Hartford loop.
4) The contractor had pressuretrol set at 10 psi and the near boiler piping does not meet manufacturers specs.
5) New boiler lasted one week before it cracked and overheated section melted spark ignitor control.
6) Contractor claims there was no water hammer.
7) All insulation was removed from all steam pipes.
8) Contractor had removed skim plug but with the pressure and header the carry over must have been very great.
9) No water meter on the make up water feeder.
10) Contractor says the system worked for years, I insist he must make a loop seal and wet return to the boiler and correct near boiler piping.
Can I have your thoughts, thanks chappy