Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham K2

avionator
avionator Member Posts: 10
Anybody have experience with a K2? It looks like a cost effective option with some nice convenience built in. I'm a homeowner looking to create/install a low mass radiant system and in terms of advertised cost/features this is sort of a holy grail: stainless hx, 94%AFUE, built in circulator. Piping design looks like it should be quick and straightforward. I know older SS hx had issues but companies like Triangle Tube have greatly improved on the design. Anybody know if Burnham uses a reliable design?

I haven't had a chance to really study-up on the manual but one of my requirements for whichever boiler i choose is the capacity to run several different types of installations. I'll be using mostly staple up between the joist with plates but i'll also be using an in-ceiling set up resting on the drywall on my top floor. Eventually i'll be installing a garage and hope to run a high-mass system in the slab.

so yeah, i guess i'm trying to run three different installations and recognize that i'll likely need an external controller. any idea if the K2 can do this?

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    avionator said:

I know older SS hx had issues but companies like Triangle Tube have greatly improved on the design. Anybody know if Burnham uses a reliable design?

The K2 uses a Sermeta (Giannoni) water-tube heat exchanger. These are reliable if you install and maintain them properly (annual service!) The design is not my first choice, especially for boiler replacements in older systems. Price is right, though -- looks like a direct competitor to the Lochinvar Cadet.