Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NYC & NH...

Options
Jack
Jack Member Posts: 1,047
I'm at AHR currently and was told that NYC, as of 1/1/15 has banned PVC venting in favor of CPVC or PP. As well, I was told NH has issued a ban on it as well. Can anyone confirm this? Oh, and I do apologize for bringing up PVC venting

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Yep, try central-therm
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Wow....Imagine that! :wink:
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Aquatherm has a nice setup at the show too.
    Steve Minnich
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    New Hampshire has not. Now there may have been a couple cities that don't allow it .... maybe Nashua and Manchester. I will ask.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Using centrotherm for chimney chase and polypropelyne for boiler room exhaust.So what may I ask happens to all the boilers vented with pvc.Or shall we not go down that road again.I am on Long Island and no PVC anymore.
  • Jack
    Options
    Johnny, how dare you bring that up...
    jonny88
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    I'm on LI jonny, where have you been told you couldn't use PVC?
  • jonny88
    Options
    Hi Danny,hempstead and oyster bay.also the mod/cons I use won't warranty their boiler if using pvc and no it's not Navien.maybe I got the wrong inspector on the wrong day.what part of Long Island do you work on.maybe we can shoot the breeze over s beer
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    I operate Scully's Plumbing in the Nassau county area, and parts of Suffolk. Was it village of Hempstead or TOH? I could see oyster bay lol. What mod/con are you using?
  • jonny88
    Options
    IBC boilers but in all honesty I am finding it a hard sell at the moment.hopefully it will pick up.by the way you hit the nail on the head.village of hempstead.had an inspection yesterday and inspector was only interested in seeing a neutralizer.
  • Jack
    Options
    this is the type of thing that used to drive me crazy. Each inspector in each town has one or two things they actually look at or for. You end up having to know what that is in each town and it takes time and money ( for corrections, not pay-offs) to learn them. In the case of this PVC/PP thing if it is adopted by municipality it must be a nightmare.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Why a State like Massachusetts is nice with a Uniform Code, that applies to the entire State, and all local inspectors must be licensed plumbers and have to do 12 hours per year of CEU, where the Board sets the curriculum for the year, with the things they want covered. So everyone is on the same page.

Journeymen and Master plumbers have to have 6 hours per year to keep renewing their licenses.

In Massachusetts, when the State Board says no more PVC venting, it will be the entire state.
  • jonny88
    Options
    Thats why I like nyc.5 boroughs one code.Now you come out to Long Island and you have do deal with all the b/s that Jack was referring to.To me it is amazing that this ? is still coming up.
    But if you open a piping and heating business you dont need a license as long as you dont have the word Plumbing on your truck.Sometimes it makes you wonder if it is all worth it.
    Quiet month feeling the blues...
    A contractor I work for uses me when he needs inspections.Otherwise he does his own work,gets out his crimper and away he goes.I am going of topic,apologies.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    @jonny88 Why don't you advertise here? I have seen several posts in the last few days from people who need help outside of the city.