Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pictures showing in posts

Options
Tim Potter
Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
Why do some pictures show as a thumbnail while others show up as a icon & you have to click each picture to view? It must be some kind of setting that I am missing. FWIW, I'm using chrome as a browser.

Thanks,

Tim
Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    See attachment.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,063
    Options
    Is there a speelcheckar in that tollbar somewhere? ;)
  • KC_Jones
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The spell checker runs continuously. It will underline a misspelled word. If you want to correct it just highlight the word and right click on the mouse and it will list suggested spelling corrections. My spelling is horrible so I know how to use spell checkers. lol

Nope you can edit any of the posts!
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Good tip on pointing out the difference between picture embedding and picture attachment.
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Picture test
  • JUGHNE
    Options
    Thank you KC, I just have to right click on the word and it works. Great! Old dog here, I still have things in my basement with vacuum tubes inside; of course wife wants to throw them away to make room for fabric/material.
  • JUGHNE
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Edit or add on because you forget, how about that?
  • KC_Jones
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hover the mouse over your post, upper right hand corner a little gear pops up. Click on the gear and select edit.

Edited this one too!
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • JUGHNE
    Options
    But can you back track to 2 post back like this.........
  • JUGHNE
    Options
    Apparently you have to get it on before any other posting.
  • JUGHNE
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Where are grandchildren when you really need them?
    So my wife does help me sometimes.

So this is an edit
    Thanks again KC; also in house IT person too.
  • KC_Jones
    Options
    lol I work with computers daily (not in IT) so I don't honestly see the big deal in my "skill" with them. Different generations. My grandfather and father can use a slide rule....I can do this. We all have our skill sets.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • JUGHNE
    Options
    Yes that is true. But is it a fact that since we stopped using slide rules we haven't set foot on the moon again?
  • KC_Jones
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

Yes that is true. But is it a fact that since we stopped using slide rules we haven't set foot on the moon again?

I hope you don't think I was talking down about older generations? I have nothing but respect. lol that is funny about going to the moon though....never thought about that. ;)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • JUGHNE
    Options
    No, no offense taken. Don't worry......shh don't tell the others...we didn't really go... B).....those damn Van Allen belts!
  • WillieJ
    WillieJ Member Posts: 16
    Options
    KC_Jones said:

lol I work with computers daily (not in IT) so I don't honestly see the big deal in my "skill" with them. Different generations. My grandfather and father can use a slide rule....I can do this. We all have our skill sets.

I still have the slide rule I used in college. But I guess I'm old enough to be a grandfather. My chemical engineer son has no clue how to use it. But give him an excel spreadsheet, he can do all kinds of calcs, really fast.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    When I went to the Technical High School we had to buy text books and a slide rule. You can easily get within 1% with a slide rule and for most of what I did in engineering that was more than good enough.

The true value in learning how to use a slide rule is know about what the answer is before moving the cursor. I see people making all kinds of mistakes with calculators and recognizing the answer is wrong.

To this day I always do calculations twice, I make mistakes but I usually catch them myself and I can tell an answer is wrong just by looking at it.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    The picture accessing is the only thing I really miss about the old site. My home computer is slow and I hate waiting for the pics to download. The old site was much faster as they uploaded directly to the page one was reading, and one could double click to zero in.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF