Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what type of radiator is this?

Options
mafiastyle87
mafiastyle87 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in THE MAIN WALL
I cannot figure out for the life of me how this comes apart. From the side it almost looks like the pipe touches the front plate. Any ideas? I cannot find another pic of a radiator online that looks like this. It needs some work or replaced... Getting desperate.

Couldn't get pictures to work, so here are some links.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/mafiastyle87/IMG_20150120_215845728_zps3c680eba.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/mafiastyle87/IMG_20150120_215837405_zps993c043d.jpg

Comments

• mafiastyle87
    Options
    the front cover does not budge so i dont think it coems off, like it is attached to the pipe? Let me know if you cannot see the pics
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    I can not see pics
  • mafiastyle87
    Options
    updated with links, dunno why pics aren't working.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    if that front cover doesn't simply snap off of the brackets then that's one odd ball duck....you can't pull the cover off the brackets?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • mafiastyle87
    Options
    Sure can't, I pulled and pulled and about bent the one piece. I don't understand it at all lol
  • Don_197
    Don_197 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    Looks like fin tube convector to me.......probably iron/steel if it is indeed steam.
  • GW
    Options
    Ok but did you push down and then pull at the bottom? You just can't pull, you gotta coax it a bit. It's basically hooked in there. Matbe they got
    painted on and they're stuck? Try it again I say
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • mafiastyle87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There seems to be absolutely no movement in any kind of pushing/pulling. The whole thing moves. Anyone know what the inside might look like for the hook setup? Might pick a bad one and beat on it with a hammer lol
  • wmtandson
    wmtandson Member Posts: 62
    Options
    try shears
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Try a flashlight.....Look in the end to see how it's attached.
  • mafiastyle87
    Options
    No luck, can't see anything from the sides or the top. The piping seems to go up against the front cover
  • mafiastyle87
    Options
    well i just beat on it from every angle with a hammer. tried pulling up on it with a pry bar but it just picks up the whole baseboard/pipes. at this point im afraid im going to break it.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    That front cover should lift off from the bottom. Use a mirror to see inside, makes no sense that it won't come off.
  • GW
    Options
    There must be brackets, and that's the point where it connets the face plate. I'd try beating the brackets sideways, right and left, with a beater screwdriver and hammer. LIke Uncle John says, it simple must come off.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com