Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any help 1 1/4 IPS vertical magentic dirt seperator?

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,113
Well i tried to get one through my supply house and they tell me and it looks like im outta luck .I ve used a califfe 1 inch and it worked great now i need one for a bit more flow and have hit a dead end .Any ideas if califfe is going to offer that nice vertical unit in 1 1/4 ips any time soon peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,161
    Options
    Nothing yet, what kind of flow rate, maybe I can build one up for you to try.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Fernox says if you need larger then 1" you have to pipe it as a bypass.
  • clammy
    Options
    Looking for a 1 1/4 running 1 radiant about 3 gpm and a buderus panel rads w 1/2 pex al pex home run zone w trv s running about 9 gpm which is soon to get a upgrade with a remote 5 circuit panel and 4 panel rads and a custom laundry rack i ,ve got in the works .Ill be upgrading my grunfos 15 -58 with a wilo stratos eco .Mt heat source is a htp munchkin 80 wall hung she s been in service 8 or 9 years .It also powers a indirect ,max temp for heat is 140 at 10 oat and the radiant used a taco i series w ORS even though the floor curve is quite close to the panel rad system and for domestic production boiler max temp is 174 .I service her bout yearly and have had no issues as of yet .Im already aware of the iron issues w emc pumps and also w SS boiler and of course me being a relic my systems is piped in steel .I have a fine screen y strainer and blow down on my califfi hydro seperator but would like that mag seperator to not only protect my ecm pump but also my SS boiler thanks peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • clammy
    Options
    more info
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Roy_2
    Roy_2 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Fernox also claims that you can parallel two units to double the capacity. I can't imagine why you could not do it with Calefi.
  • clammy
    Options
    One of the issues is space and how much do i want to repipe and how much versa bar and supports will have to be re located to fit it in .I like the vortex design and have used it with excellent results but i will end up using a 1 1/4 hortizontal dirt mag and digging in a little bit more then planned or desired .Oh well thats progress thanks peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ