Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trouble with radiators

Options
Installed Weil-McLain gas boiler, model PEG-55, can not get heat in two bedrooms, heat coming from radiators in rest of house. Took steam vents out of radiators, still no heat, no steam. Steam acts like it's going down the return instead.
Any ideas??

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    What type of system 1 pipe or 2 pipe? Was everything working correctly before the change? Was the new boiler skimmed? What pressure is the new boiler set to? How much main venting do you have? Pictures of the new boiler and piping will help.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,479
    Options
    Assuming it's single pipe steam, check the radiators and the pipe feeding them to make sure it's all pitched so water can find it's way back to the boiler.

Are these two radiators on the same main? how close does the steam get to the two radiators?

Pictures of the boiler and piping around it as well as the radiatos that don't heat would help.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    I take it this is a 2 pipe system? What makes you think the steam is going down the returns? Are they hot? Steam hot? We need more info and pictures of the radiators/plumbing at the raadiators and the near boiler piping if possible.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    All together now! lol
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    KC_Jones said:

All together now! lol

I gues we were all typing and thinking the same things!
  • TerryGrant
    TerryGrant Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry been traveling, here are some pictures.. Here's my husbands phone number, I think it would be easier
  • TerryGrant
    TerryGrant Member Posts: 3
    Options
    860-333-4664