Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler cleaning

Options
FranklinD
FranklinD Member Posts: 399
Hey folks...

I'm preparing for spring already (wishful thinking), and am curious as to what kind/size/type of flue brushes I might need to run through between the sections of my Burnham ESC. There seem to be a million different diameters and bristle types, so I'm looking for a little guidance.

I'm interested to see if there are any signs of prolonged condensation, as the installation wasn't *exactly* as I hoped it would be, though I will be rectifying that this spring/summer with some piping changes.

Thanks for any advice you can give...
Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I carry about 15 brushes on my truck, with 4 or 5 different types. Your local supplier may be able to help you best if you provide the model number.

Now, my question is: Why do you feel that you need to clean the sections of this boiler?
  • FranklinD
    FranklinD Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Honestly, I don't really feel the need to, other than checking for signs of flue gas condensation. I had been reading through the 'annual maintenance' section of the book and it mentioned all of that about cleaning sections.

Assuming it's set up correctly and burning as it's supposed to, should I not have to worry about it?
    Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
    Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
    Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems