Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Identification Help

Just wondering about this radiator in my 1900 built home. It is located in a third floor room that was formally a kitchen. On the one hand it appears home made but the end connectors and supports look to be factory items. Works just fine.


  • Marshall Brown_2
    Marshall Brown_2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks guys!
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Steamhead said:

    Right, it's called a "pipe coil". These were popular in factory buildings but you sometimes see them in homes.

    Right you are as usual Steamhead.

    I used to go to acoustic concerts at The Narrows Center For The Arts in Fall River, MA on Anawan Street. An old converted Mill Factory building. The concerts were on the top or fourth floor. The wooden steps to get to the floors were 6" wide and worn to almost nothing from the 100+ years of people walking up and down to go to work. The whole room was one big open space with windows opening out onto Mt Hope Bay and Battleship Cove with the USS Massachusetts Battleship moored next to the pier with cars going over the Braga Bridge toward Rhode Island. The whole place was plastered with those coiled radiators. The views were stunning to watch if the sun was going down on a clear night.

    Great concerts. Well worth the 2 hour drive from home.

    You never see those kind of pipes or hear those kind of musicians in Florida.