Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane XV90 intermittently working

jheiser
jheiser Member Posts: 2
I have a propoane Trane XV90 that works intermittently. The furnace will be calling for heat (steady fast green blink) and some kind of pre-blower seems to be on but it never kicks all the way on and starts blowing or blowing heat. If I turn the unit off by the switch and then back on it seems it fixes itself until the next time it happens. I have two of these units and even if I change the thermostats (trane programmable) back and forth it still happens so I don't think it is the thermostat. When not calling for heat it has a steady green blink so I don't think it is throwing any codes.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Check the light before you turn it on and off. Turning off the furnace normally erases the fault code.
  • jheiser
    jheiser Member Posts: 2
    I have checked the light when it was calling for heat and it's good, a steady fast green blink. But nothing is blowing, I hear that something is running but it never kick up and starts blowing.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    With out reading the codes on the unit it is or could be a few things. Next time let the unit go into full lock out and record the blink or code. It does sound like the pressure switch in the IDM, but w/o the code I can only surmise what is happening. If you feel comfortable and only if you are sure you can do it, clear the water and any debris frame the hoses connecting the secondary HX and drain outlets. BUT, first let the thing "Lock Out".

Mike T.
    jheiser