Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new mains

Options
bubbad
bubbad Member Posts: 15
double checking, the pics are my two boilers, showing where all lines return to boiler, a plumber(same one that installed boilers) told me this is where air main would go, is this correct, when venting this is the spot that would vent all the supply and riser lines at once, is getting air out of all lines the best place to locate the mains, third pic is longest supply and return just thought the pic may help

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    Follow the main supply pipes from the boiler to various radiators, and then back to the boiler as dry returns The pipe should become vertical and drop down to the wet return, below the waterline height of the boiler. Dry returns should never be joined together above the waterline. The main vent(s) for each should be just before this drop. If it is easier, the antler for the vents can be mounted on the vertical drop, as high as possible.
    A low pressure gauge will show you when you have enough main venting, by showing the back-pressure (resistance to escaping air), during the early stage of firing. When you buy the vents, look upon their cost as an investment, shortening the time for steam to get to the radiator takeoffs, and reducing your gas consumption on each cycle.--NBC
  • bubbad
    bubbad Member Posts: 15
    Options
    thank you NBC for your answer,thats where I thought it went