Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless indirect

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
Does anyone else besides peerless make a lowboy indirect. Also if tapping off steam boiler should I just tap it directly on boiler.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Not sure about the lowboy, but if this will run off a condensate loop off a steam boiler what matters is the height of the ports and the coil, not the height of the tank per se.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    You can use just about any indirect...You don't have to be below the water line of the boiler. No air vents in the line. I would use a coil that is non ferrous. A Super stor ultra is a good choice.
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    i wanted to put the indirect water heater order the laundry table since its waisted space. Comes to my other question except for the cost of the copper is there a big disadvantage of putting the indirect 15-20 feet away from the boiler. The washing machine, slop sink, 1st floor bathroom and kitchen plumbing Is real close, or is it better to have indirect water heater close to boiler and add a smart tavo domestic pump?
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    That was the reason for the small indirect, so I can put it in a space right now that's not being used, right now it has a tankless coil. It also has a 25 x 25 room with baseboard with a bg 100 bronze pump.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Buderus LT series? The coils are low. And big, which is nice for condensate heating.
  • FranklinD
    FranklinD Member Posts: 399
    Options
    My friend in St Paul just had an LT (I think) type tank added to his new Buderus boiler. Paid a mint to have the plumbing all redone to accommodate the 'undermounted' feature (and kicking himself for not doing it initially). But I have to say, it sure looks pretty.
    Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
    Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
    Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Buderus has a steel coil. The steam is an open system. It will shorten the life if the coil. Just had to replace a Buderus S120 in a closed system.... Leaking coil. kept popping the PRV on the boiler.