Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Have you used plumbingfittings.direct@yahoo.com ?

Options
This fittings site has very low prices on a bunch of fittings I'll be needing and free shipping plus a discount this month. It seems too good to be true, and I know what that usually means, imported from Lower Slobovia. So, has anyone purchased from them and if so was the quality any good? And where exactly are they located?

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,416
    Options
    I try to stay with my local supply house, and we should to, the reason why is who's going to be there when you need a fitting, pump, filter, blower moter Friday at 4:55 and say they will leave it under the delivery truck tire with a 30 day net.?
    Gordoicesailor
  • Oldslowandugly
    Oldslowandugly Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Agreed. I use my local guy plenty, and I will pay for good USA quality parts. But I also do a lot of internet buying and a few hundred bucks is important to a retired guy. I'm wondering what quality this place uses. First red flag is that most places name the brands- this does not.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    Stick to your local supply house…is my opinion….As long as they treat there customers to good service and top products...
    icesailor
  • Oldslowandugly
    Options
    Hatterasguy were they a decent brand or offshore ?
  • Oldslowandugly
    Options
    True, I'm always stunned at how formerly USA made things are increasingly made in China. I do know that when I go to my local supplier for iron fittings, he asks if it's for steam, and then he usually gives me WARD. I'm doubting this vendor carries WARD at such low prices.
  • Oldslowandugly
    Options
    Jinan is good quality? I use Supply House too, it's not far from me so I can pick it up, their service outlet is great. So I was pricing an order and noticed they have an imported line. The black iron was, as you stated, Jinan. The price is even lower than the Plumbingfittingsdirect site, so I guess that clinches it. I would not be seeing USA grade from them and since you said their service is sketchy I will pass. So the Jinan is decent? My guys refer to any cross threaded or botched threads as "Chinese threading" :o . It's always tempting to save a lot of money but I've been burned too many times by imports, especially marine, fishing, and tools.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    A supply house is to a plumber as a plumber is to the customer. Reliable and honest
  • Randy-LeeBraman
    Randy-LeeBraman Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Snowmelt has it right,stick to the local suppliers,their the ones who will leave it out or open up in the middle of the night for you.Can't say enough good about my local Sid Harveys,last few years been doing a lot of service work up on the Marcellus gas fields in NE PA.they have bailed me out many times ,everything from 200 gal.of glycol on thanksgiving to nozzles and filters at midnight.your not going to get that from a internet co.