Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thank you... my Viessmann 200W B2HA-19 boiler is running beautifully and efficiently!

Options
markp1
markp1 Member Posts: 56
Just wanted to offer some after feedback... I received fantastic advice here on the layout and design for my home's heating system:

http://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/151688/plumbing-layout-for-viessmann-200-w-feedback-please/p1

I have spent a few months dialing in the outdoor reset curve, as I am not using any indoor thermostats. I designed for 5F (design day), and so far have had the boiler running from 62F down to -4F. I set the Viessmann to 68 degrees, and with the outdoor reset curve now dialed in, my entire home (4 zones, on 3 Taco Viridian circulators), has been kept between 68-69 degrees through the entire range!

Not only has the comfort of my home drastically increased (my wife who has always complained of our house being cold and walked around in sweaters all day, is now in t-shirts and happy and warm!), but the efficiency of the boiler is far better than our previous atmospheric boiler. The boiler is using 15.5% less therms per degree day that my old boiler, which means I am seeing somewhere in the 92-93% overall efficiency range (this includes using an indirect water heater). From an electrical standpoint, the boiler and 5 Taco Viridians (3 zone circulators, 1 boiler pump, 1 indirect water heater pump) combined are using an average of 78 watts... that is the TOTAL watt consumption of the entire setup. My old setup averaged over 400 watts.

So, thank you again to everyone for the help and advice. It is greatly appreciated, and I am sure a system I will enjoy for years to come.

All the best,
Mark
RobG

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Glad it worked out well for you, and thank you for circling back to report the results.

A properly tuned outdoor reset curve can look a lot like magic. It's always interesting when people visit and you tell them "we don't even use a thermostat." Most don't believe you. Most contractors won't either.