Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I've drawn my last...

Options
Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
radiant layout by hand. By the time it takes me to draw out one large job by hand, I will have learned how to operate LoopCad or something similar. I no longer have the patience nor the time to do it the old school way. And despite my best efforts to keep it neat and professional, I'll never make it look as good as a CAD program. Better late than never, right?
Steve Minnich
Harvey RamerTim Potter

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Is that a CAD, or your last hand drawn. If it's the latter don't beat yourself up.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    That was hand drawn by me but it wasn't my last one. That one ended up in the garbage can today because I went ahead and got LoopCad. So far, so good. I'm designing for an Art Gallery in Chicago and the huge interior rooms have been a breeze on LoopCad. The exterior walls with all the glass will probably be a challenge on the first one or two.
    Steve Minnich
    icesailor
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    I get a head ache just looking at all those looped lines and where they are supposed to go.

Office Depot doesn't stock enough erasers for me to draw something like that and look as nice as that.
    CanuckerTinman
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    I use CAD/3D design software for a living. I first started "on the board" and I can tell you there is no way to really compare the 2. The CAD is so much better and has so much more functionality it's crazy. Not sure if your CAD program has this function (I am pretty sure it would), but most have the ability to measure total line length which I would think would be useful for those radiant layouts. Click on a "loop" and it tells you immediately how long it is. Have fun with it I think you will grow to love it once you master it!
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    Tinman