Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

one pipe system

Options
bubbad
bubbad Member Posts: 15
no insulation sorry,adding in couple weeks,i added varivalve adj.vents 5/16orifice max to each of 6 rads,system is very quiet,no banging,surging,vent noises,or gurgling in rads.I installed a peerless 63/64 boiler this fall,skimmed 3 times myself,appears to be doing well.i now know how important insulation is so it's my first priority,my supply lines are 1.25
to 2 rads off one side of header,the other side of header is 1.5" to farthest rad and 1" to closer rads,i'm attaching pics

do you guys still think I need main venting,i calculate my edr at 210 from hydronics chart,i can almost balance with these varivalves

heating is fast boiler run times 10/15min maybe,it hasn't been that cold yet,i just want this system as effiecient as possible,while still not trying to fix what ain't broke

thanks for the help,not to many steam guys around

Comments

• j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    Looks like a peerless steam boiler,if thats the case you have a great steam boiler….Cant really see much from the pics, step back and take a few more..of the entire boiler….One thing that concerns me is there is a lot of combustion venting going into that chimney….Two, concerns, and not with steam, make up air and chimney size…Only because I can’t see the whole set up…Most likely O K but from the pic it warrants the question.The lack of cast iron fittings tells me right off, maybe not a real steam guy did the install….Again thats just my opinion….