Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any info on this valve?

STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,231
Hi fellow Wallies. A friend of mine asked me to post a pic of this radiator valve. I looked through the archives and couldn't find any info. I'll get him over here to join and he can follow up with questions.


  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,230
    Can't see the name, but it's one of several methods for connecting both the supply and return lines to a single radiator tapping. The Honeywell "Unique" valve is the best known of these valves.

    That building looks like it's being worked on- I hope they're not tearing the radiators out.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,231
    Thanks Frank, my buddy should be here shortly to follow up. I showed him a pic of the Unique valve, and some literature from Dan's archives about it's operation.
    If it worked on the same principle, what's in that valve that lets it bypass into the return when closed, or do you think theres a tube running pass the return. I'm always curious.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Looks like a concentric, tube inside a tube.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,231
    Someone figured it out. Here's a pic and some info