Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

upside down garber

Options
Paul_69
Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
Anybody ever see a garber oil filter mounted upside down with can pinting towards the ceiling on overhead lines?? Seen a few at my company. Poormans tigerloop? Not to close to floor either, makes no sense to me. I also dudnt want to flip figuring it might start a oroblem with over head line!!!

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Well, I suppose it doesn't matter which direction it is placed in. With the can on the top, its pretty hard to get the air out of the filter.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I bet they were having air issues. When they took the filter canister down it was only half fuel. So they thought it would be better to turn it upside down. Would hate to change that filter.
    steve
  • Paul_69
    Options
    I believe they are trying to let any small airbubbles go up into can rather than collect in line? And oh ya its messy changing filter but I am afraid to turn it around and maybe cause a air problem. The guy that did these is not around to ask why he did this way. I know it was strategic and only on overhead lines when coming out of top of roth tanks!!!
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I would correct the orientation. If there are no air/vacuum leaks, you shouldn't have a problem. Then I would power purge it.
    steve
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Install a Tigerloop and be done with the air problem. There shouldn't be any air problems anyway. Unless they are using that fuel fitting that Roth supplies for the top of the tank that sucks air.

If it has one of those, definitely install a Tigerloop.
  • Paul_69
    Options
    Thx..