Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam pros in Boston area?

Options
Are the contractors linked through the website (Find a Contractor) paid listings, or are these individuals repped by other members of the forum?

If not, does anyone in the Boston suburbs (ideally north, northwest of the city) have a steam pro they have experience with and would recommend?

Many thanks.

Comments

• HarryL
    HarryL Member Posts: 59
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I used the site and had one come out. The guy they sent seemed to know a bit about steam but didn't really have much of an action plan to help with my problem - water disappearing much faster. He also didn't have much to say about my undersized main vents, so we didn't go any further. I was going to try another, but his listing says specializing in replacing steam systems so not so sure.

I've since gone through and (I think) fixed my own system with advice from the awesome members of this group. Though I wish I had started it in the Spring or Summer instead of November. Much less forgiving this time of year. It isn't for everyone. I still have a couple of things that I'd like to get a pro out to fix. I know what I want done, but it involves freeing up pipes that I can't get to budge. Or, I'll wait until spring and give it a go again when I can deal with fixing my mistakes without worrying about my water pipes freezing - and deserved abuse from my family. :)
    Home owner, 1927 2-story, single family
    1 pipe Burnham IN4I, Boston area