Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitotrol 200A Remote Control

Options
Viess
Viess Member Posts: 58
Hey fellas back in 2009 I had a VITODENS 200-WB2B installed. I love it but my home has lots of glass and the wind blows a fair amount of the time. The boiler does not react very well to heat loss or gain. I'm always going to the boiler room to adjust the boiler output on the temp dial. I have 3 zones two are controlled by thermostats and zone valves, on or off. The third loop is a continuously circulating loop that supply's heat for the main living area. Will adding the VITOTROL 200A in the main living area(zone 3) enable me to control the boiler output thereby regulating the room temperature I want? How does it work? Thanks Viess.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    What sort of radiation have you got? Maybe thermostatic valves on the radiators would work better. Does the system have an outdoor reset? Constantly changing the temperature settings is not the right way to achieve comfort.--NBC
  • Viess
    Options
    I have hot water baseboard heaters and yes the system uses an outdoor reset. It also uses a lo loss header with a temp censor in the lo loss for return temp feedback.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    If you enable the heating sensor in the Vitotrol 200A, it will help. Your heating curve should be at least 2.0 and maybe higher if the amount of baseboard installed is not sufficient to satisfy heat loss on design days. Using zone valves removes the "constant circulation" method Viessmann prefers on its systems. You can also adjust the "Shift" curve to add or subtract to the heating curve.
    If the radiation is correct for design days, the system should be easy to "dial-in" and keep exact setpoints in the residence.
  • Viess
    Options
    Okay, so the 200A will modulate the boiler heat output? There are no mix valves in the system. The instillation guide to me is unclear about that point. The way I read it, in order for it to work there needs to be a mix valve in the system. My system has none. So does the 200a control boiler heat out put through modulation or via a mix valve? I'm trying to maintain an even temp in my living area by setting the 200A temp and letting it do the rest? My boiler heating curve is set where it needs to be I'm not gonna fiddle with the boiler control itself anymore.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    The 200A is a thermostat with a built-in sensor. If the sensor is activated through the boiler coding, it will communicate to the boiler the ambient heating temps inside the home. It needs to be placed in a zone that's not controlled by a zone valve or it won't respond properly. It's ok to not use a 3 way valve for single temperature applications, if you're using a low loss header.
  • Viess
    Options
    Okay thanks Paul. I've ordered one.
  • Florentinian
    Florentinian Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi.how can I activate the temperature sensor from Vitotrol 200a? I can only use it as a remote control. vitotronic 200