Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbo Control panel red light

Options
I am a homeowner whose ex-husband was the Wirsbo expert and we are recently separated. Unfortunately he has washed his hands of the house and all related expenses (mortgage included) other than waiting for it to sell and then cashing in on the proceeds! I also live in a very remote area so to get a tech in is going to be costly and I am currently unemployed so would appreciate understanding my issue a bit better to get the correct assistance. My system was installed in 2000. It is a Wirsbo floor system with plastic pex? piping and 6 zones. Each zone has a controller on the wall and there is a zone control panel in the boiler room.

I am having 2 issues.

Issue #1 - Every time I have a power outage, one of the zone controllers defaults to 75 degrees rather than it's normal setting. We have frequent power outages and the zone is a room in the basement so often left for days before discovering the issue and costing me lots in oil for the Veissman Boiler. I know there is a tiny battery on the wall unit cover part that snaps off. We have never replaced any of them. Would this be causing the problem or is it a bigger issue?

Issue #2 - on the main Zone control panel, there are normally 2 lights for each zone that go on and off as heat is requested, a yellow one and a red one. This week one of the zones red light is staying on and I've noticed the temp of the zone is way above the set temperature. From what I can find on the net, the closed zone value end switch? may be malfunctioning? Is this correct, common or difficult to repair? I know it's an older system but my home is for sale and I just need the darn thing working without too much expense. I know I'll have to call a repair person but the travel expense is going to be huge as it is and I can't afford much in my current situation. I want to make sure the repair tech doesn't upsell me a ton of stuff I don't need and sure cannot afford so understanding the problem may be helpful. Any help or advice you gents might be able to offer , would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks

Ex-wife on her own and doing her best.

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Please post a couple pictures of the offending parts .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833