Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bradford White inderect DHW water heater and Burnham P208 water heater.

Options
mars_6
mars_6 Member Posts: 107
Hello Wallys I have a system I installed about 17 years ago that has a 4 zone base board heating system and a 2 zone radiant floor system as well as a Bradford White 80 gallon indirect water heater fired off of the boiler. this system is zoned with zone valves and has no priority for the indirect fired water heater. the domestic water is on a well but there is no indication of bad water quality at the shower heads or the faucets. the system has worked well up to two years ago and now the complaint I am getting is insufficient heating of the structure as well as low DHW production at design conditions, I tested the DHW and am getting 30 degree delta T across the HX of the tank the boiler is firing to 183 Deg on call. the BB heating emitters have a capacity of 48,950 the radiant floor is un insulated slab on grade but is all but for one wall well below grade. so I would estimate the loss for the radiant floor to be in the mid 40,000. Yes I understand that the lack of insulation on the radiant floor will have an effect on the system but the system has worked well up to two years ago. the HX on the boiler is clear and shows no signs of obstruction, I am kind of baffled as to what may be causing this. Any insights or words of wisdom as to what direction to go would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt
Matt Rossi

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    What are the supply and return temps on the boiler? How is the boiler piped, especially to the in-floor heat? How long is it burning on a call for heat, and at what outdoor temp?