Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Setting the ODR curve

CapeCod
CapeCod Member Posts: 67
I had some work done to my boiler piping and heating system last year (changed piping from direct to primary /secondary, changed from zoned heating controlled by thermostat to constant circulation with TRV's on panel rads) and also spray foamed the kitchen as part of a remodel.

Granted the weather has been crazy lately with subzero weather one day and 40's the next but the house is running a few degrees warmer than I'd like. I saw a post from SWEI recently about cranking thermostat to 80 degrees and then playing around with the ODR to fine tune it. Since I have TRV's, is the best way to just fully open everything and tweak the curves that way?

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Exactly! Crank them all up, along with the thermostat(s) and then start adjusting until you have a consistent indoor temp. Once that is done (which could take weeks) shift the curve upward a bit on both ends to give you a higher indoor temp (e.g. 75˚F) to give the TRV's some range to work with (think visiting elderly person, someone with the flu, etc.)
  • CapeCod
    CapeCod Member Posts: 67
    Great, thanks for the quick response SWEI. Now I know how I will spend the long Thanksgiving weekend!
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Good luck. I'm still routinely amazed by how well ODR with constant circulation can work. FM for sure.