Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

asbestos board

RLuck
RLuck Member Posts: 24
10*10*8 boiler room. Three walls and the ceiling have asbestos board. Am I able to screw 2*4's to the walls and cieling to secure pipeing to code. Or does this fall under disturbing the asbestos. The asbestos guy said that is acceptable, and removal would be considered a large and expensive job. This is for a small church with a limited budget. Any pointers on how to proceed without the liability of an asbestos cleanup. My fear is the township inspector walking in and calling the DEP over some screws in a wall?

Comments

• What about putting plywood over every bit of it, and then it is sealed away from prying hands and eyes.--NBC
  • RLuck
    RLuck Member Posts: 24
    I guess that would work,would that be considered "encapsulated"? Or just out of sight? To be honest I was in and out of the boiler room for an hour taking measurements before I realized it was a giant asbestos cube. I keep picturing the parishioner and all his pride in a job well done 50 plus years ago. I've never seen more than a couple square feet on a ceiling over an old boiler.